Find my Patterns on PatternMart

PatternMart.com

Monday, July 4, 2011

Oh, Christmas Tree....

While the last of the firecrackers are burning out, and the summer heat continues to sizzle, I have visions of sugarplums dancing in my head, not really sugarplums so much, but Christmas trees and raggedies.  Let's see, my first shows are the first weekend in October so that leaves me July, Aug and Sept to prepare so I have been BUSY!  I embellished a primitive pattern from You Are So Special and gave it my own take on Ye Olde Tree:
These trees are made of muslin and painted and stained and then I rubbed in just a bit of cinnamon.  They smell great and have that aged look.  They are mounted on an antique spool and decorated in assorted styles with rusty bells, wire, stars, and tags.

I added to my Raggedy stash with a couple of newbies:
And I also made a Christmas gift for my granddaughter.  Ssshhh, don't tell Brooklynnne..........
One for her, one for dolly.  I think they turned out really cute! 

Nearly time for bed and those short weeks are killers, you know!  Later......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, a thought, or a giggle!