Find my Patterns on PatternMart

PatternMart.com

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Fun Weekend

Saturday, we went to a Winter Luau, yes, right here in Colorado!  My granddaughter Skylar, has the fortune/misfortune of being born on Christmas Day.  The great thing about that is that your family is always there for your birthday.  The unfortunate thing about it, is that your school friends can't be.  So for the second year in a row, she celebrated her birthday with her friends after school had reconvened.  The Luau theme seemed to be a big hit:
 
Skylar made a sweet Hawaiian princess...

Kim did a great job on the decor and games...

Quest and Grandpa held the limbo bar....

And Scott, well, he dressed for the occasion too...
Anyway it was a really fun time.

Sunday, I worked on some more projects.  This little Raggedy is from a pattern from Sew Many Prims.  She actually was supposed to be a Valentine angel, but I had this great watermelon fabric and a little doll with a melon on her collar, so I made some improvisations.  I hope to finish up the other raggedy that I am working on tonight.  If I do, I will post that pic tomorrow.  I also have been working on some apple cutting boards that I bought unfinished years ago but have never painted.  I hope to get those done this week. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, a thought, or a giggle!