Find my Patterns on PatternMart

PatternMart.com

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

What'cha workin' on Wednesday????

I have a number of irons in the fire, so to speak, but what's new????  Remember how I referenced plagarizing one of my friend's Santa pins???  Well, I put my own spin on it and instead of making pins (I already have oodles of pins), I made them into tags.  Really easy, peasy, lemon squeezy.  They are made out of those little vase fillers that you can get at the dollar store.  Just simply paint the flat bottom side.  Be sure you paint the features first and then fill in with your white on top of that.  You have to let it thoroughly dry between painting the nose, eyes and mouth and adding the snow background.  I had to do two coats of white.
 . 
The tags are tea dyed and baked in the oven.  Then I took a small snowflake stamp, dipped it into thinned white paint and dabbed onto the tags.  I made sure that some of them ran off the side of the tag for a more random natural look.  While the paint was still wet, I very lightly dusted with an ultra-fine glitter.
 
I made another one of the primitive snowman in mitten wall hanging.
I finished up a few of these large pumpkins.  I usually sew them throughout the year and store them flat.  When it gets close to my show times, I get them out, stuff them and finish them up.
 
And I reformed a skull that I found at the dollar store!
 
This was really simple.  I coated the skull with mod podge and dumped glitter over it.  I shook off the excess and then I let it cure for a day or so before I glued in the 'ruby' eyeballs. 

Well, I have more to do.  Chili is in the crock pot, laundry is in the dryer, dogs are sacked out on the couch so I'm headin' off to the studio. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, a thought, or a giggle!