Find my Patterns on PatternMart

PatternMart.com

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

New ornie and wooden spoons

Hello, my peeps.  I know, I should be posting more, but it just hasn't been in the cards...hehe....Here is another dollar store craft for your Christmas gift giving.  Wooden spoons!  I cheated a bit and bought these at Wally World (4 for $.88)  It is so simple!  Simply paint them white, front and back and add faces and a bit of homespun as a tie.  These are really cute given with kitchen towels or hot pads.  You could also put together some recipes and tie this on.
I also was cutting out some "Santa's Clotheslines" from red felt and I had some rather large scraps left over.  I decided to make Santa's hats as ornies.  I simply measured around the outside of a battery operated tea light (dollar store buy, 3/$1) and drew out the shape of a hat.  I had to experiment with the trim a little, but another good way to use up scraps.  I poked holes in the top and cut a piece of rusty wire (about 8" long)  I curled the ends of the wire and hung on a little tag that says, "He's making a list and checking it twice."  Then I glued a rusty bell on the bottom.  I think these will be a great seller at craft shows!  Total cost to make is less than fifty cents!

Well, my bloggie friends, off to water the garden.  Maybe it will rain......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, a thought, or a giggle!