Find my Patterns on PatternMart

PatternMart.com

Saturday, May 31, 2014

Weekend already????

Well, here it is the weekend already....again!   Last weekend we had a terrible storm and lightning hit our house.  Our satellite dish had been installed improperly and the current went through the cable and blew up our four receivers, four televisions, and our sound bar to our tv.  What a mess.  I was nearly hit as well, since I was in the front yard covering my flowers from the hail.  I felt the jolt, I can tell you that!  Anyway we are both fine, but it has been a quiet week since the storm.  Our tv installer is scheduled to be here tomorrow.

Monday morning, I left the house early for the nearly three hour drive to Cheyenne.  I spent the day with my granddaughters ages 8 and 2.  What fun!  Today is my daughter's birthday so we decorated their house, bought gifts and put signs in their yard.  In this family, we celebrate birthday week, the week leading up to the big day. Heidi enjoyed the celebration and so did we. 


Tuesday the girls were off to school and we went shopping.  Wednesday and Thursday I worked very hard at finishing my gardening.  Finally I have the potatoes, peas, cabbage, carrots, onions, shallots, and beets out.  I still have some more things to plant, hopefully tomorrow.
 
Friday is my day for errands.  I found some time to go garage saling, but only found a couple of things. 


 This santa is in perfect condition and was only $1.  Should I resell or keep for myself????
 These faux skis are really sweet.  I am going to redo the greenery and put in my shows.  Also only $1.

 I love this little basket.  Another buck well spent.
 
And this was my best buy of all:  free!


Actually, this is upside down.  It had peg hooks but I removed them and put some little drawer pulls in their place.   I will use it at my craft shows for a display.  How cute is that?
 
And I did have time to do a bit of crafting....These are some sleds that I stained about a year ago and added some greenery and a bow to but never quite liked it. So I ripped off the bow and greenery, sanded the top, and painted some snowmen.  I added the tags and even the tiniest bit of glitter for sparkle.....




Time to get back at it, my friends.....Have a great week ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, a thought, or a giggle!