Find my Patterns on PatternMart

PatternMart.com

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Happy Tuesday!

Mornin' my peeps!  Busy weekend as always.  On Friday, I went to Brighton and purchased some veggies, 'cause, you know, its that canning time of year.  Up here, tomatoes, peppers and squash don't grow very well because of our short season.  And I do love some homemade canned goods.....
I canned jalapenos, hot salsa, and corn relish.  My new item this year is candied jalapenos.  We will see how they go over.  The corn relish is my mom's recipe and I love it.  It has a sweet and sour brine with corn, peppers, onions and celery.  Type the word corn in the search bar at the top for the recipe.

I got a request for a bobble-head pattern.  It is now listed in my Etsy shop.  I will be working on another pattern for a bobble-head scarecrow later this week.

I have listed the rusty bed springs for sale on my Etsy shop as well.

I also finished a couple of bears.  I like to make them out of unexpected fabrics and colors:

 These are also for sale for only $10 each.  They come complete with a little tag that says I love you, an organza bow, and eyeglasses.

I finally got around to working with one of the cutter quilts that my friend gave me.  I made the following four ornies.  I love the Victorian feel to them.



I will make more of the stocking and mitten.  I have to revisit the star and the heart.  Since it is a double thickness of quilted fabric, it was impossible to turn.  I think I will simply back it with muslin so the edges can be turned.
I have two raggedies cut out but still incomplete as well as some ornies that need to be finished.  I try to get all the painting and machine work completed during the day so that during the evenings I can do the hand stitching.

Today is my son, Scott's birthday.  I am treating him to lunch.  Actually, it is a treat for me as well.  Love you Scott!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, a thought, or a giggle!