Find my Patterns on PatternMart

PatternMart.com

Thursday, December 8, 2016

Hello December!



Thanks, Carolyn, for commenting on my last post....you know the one I posted way back on November 4!  It woke me up.....where have I been????

Well let me tell you, after the Conifer show, I did a five day show for Grandmother's House at Tagawa Gardens.  I drove to Cheyenne to pick up my unsold merchandise from the Christmas in the Country show.  Then I drove to Loveland and did a two day show at the Budweiser event center for Applewood Arts!  Whew!  I was so exhausted.  That was the weekend before Thanksgiving.  My 5 year old granddaughter, Addyson, spent Sunday through Friday with me.  I sure wish that I had that kind of energy!  We did shopping, saw the Trolls movie and cooked for twelve people on Thanksgiving.

 My daughter and I did a bit of black Friday shopping and then we drove to Fairplay for a tree permit.  We took our two dogs and Heidi and her husband Patrick and three kids and dog joined us.  It is a tradition to go into the forest and find the perfect tree.  This year our tree is a bit sparse, but the fun of taking the kids is something we all will remember.  I spent the next week putting up the tree and other decorations, taking the dogs to the vet for their checkups, and doing some shopping.

I love decorating my Hoosier each year.  It is my favorite piece of furniture.  Since I collect Santas, I fill it to the brim.  Our house is small so I try not to go overboard, but it is difficult.  



I have been holed up in the house all week so tomorrow, I am off to do some more shopping and run some errands.  On Saturday, we are driving to Cheyenne for my granddaughter Brooklynne's 11th birthday.  Next week is another busy one.  The cat is scheduled for his checkup on Monday, I am meeting a friend for lunch on Tuesday, I am taking my grandson shopping on Wednesday.  My brother and his wife will be here next week, but will be staying with my sister.  I am sure I will see them at some point.

Saturday marks the seventh anniversary of the day my daughter Brandi passed to Heaven.  I miss her every day.  We were in a sense soul mates.  I try not to write sad things here, but I just want to remind all of you to hold your loved ones close and give thanks for the precious time you have with them.  Brandi was a bright light, a loving, caring soul, and I feel her presence around me at all times.  I am so thankful for the time we had together and that I was able to let her know how special she is.  Tell those you love how you feel and how special they are.  

So I will try to post again in the next couple of weeks but if I slack off, I want to wish each one of my followers, those who subscribe through emails, and those of you who just happen to stop by, a very Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. Love hearing about your crafting, shopping and your family. Hope you and yours have a Merry Christmas. ~carolyn

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment, a thought, or a giggle!