Find my Patterns on PatternMart

PatternMart.com

Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Angels Amongst Us

I don't know about you, but I believe in angels.  And I love making angels as well.  These angels came about quite accidentally.  I bought these lawn ornaments at the thrift store and was actually going to put them in my flower bed.  But the more I stared at them, the more they looked like angels.
 The hardest part in creating these angels was attaching the heads.  I thought that the ornaments were made of wood.  Nope, resin.  In order to get the wooden heads to adhere, I needed a flat surface.  So I had to saw across the top of the resin which my band saw wasn't too happy about.  I painted the surface with Waverly Ivory chalk paint.  I love using this paint because it is so forgiving.  And it dries very quickly.  Then I aged it with an antique wax from Folk Art.

This first one has a pair of rusty tin wings that I salvaged from a broken ornament.  I used silver tinsel on all.  Heads were painted fleshtone, blushed and eyes were dotted with a sharpie.  I added an organdy bow at the neckline.
I bought these wings at Michaels.  I found them in the floral department.  Since the bodies are resin, the wings were hot glued on.
Another set of wings from Michaels.

I think this is my favorite.  I love the filagree wings, also from Michaels, and the shape of the ornament makes it look like a skirt.

We had a nice holiday, although we are really needing rain here.  I give my plants loads of water and they love it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, a thought, or a giggle!