Find my Patterns on PatternMart

PatternMart.com

Thursday, October 12, 2017

October is here!

So we are half way thru October, the month of changing leaves, scary goblins, and the start of craft show season.....yikes!  To recap the last few weeks, I had two eye procedures, both minor.  I went to the Nebraska Junk Jaunt with my sis and had to come home a day early......full car!  Guess we will have to pack less clothes next time!  hehe
I had two shows in September.  Both were great.  I have my first October show next weekend.  I will be at the Colorado State Fairgrounds at the Simply Vintage Market.  I did this show last year and loved it, though it is quite a drive.  The show runs Friday evening, October 20 as a preview and is open all day on the 21st.  I have some great vintage finds as well as holiday gifts and decor.  My granddaughter, Skylar is going with me and we will spend the night down there.  She is my salvation.

I have also been busy crafting.  This item I found at the clearance section in Michaels for $4.  I painted the entire thing red and hubs helped add the wire.  Then I crackled it in an ivory tone and added the removable bow and foliage.

If you have never crackled before, it is so easy, inexpensive, and gives a wonderful aged look.  Just buy a crackling medium and follow the directions.  I used a red acrylic undercoat, ivory chalk paint overcoat, and a clear wax when thoroughly dry.

I also made a couple of floral arrangements.  The base items were purchased at the thrift store and I simply added the embellishments.


I purchased several rotary phones over the last couple of years.  Last year I painted one and it sold right away.  I am working on another this year.
This is another great use for chalk paint because it requires no prepping.  However, red paint nearly always requires more than one coat.  After thoroughly dry, I will come back with another coat.  This could take a while........

Hope your October is going well, my friends.  We have already had our first snow here.  Well, off to make my breakfast and go off to the studio to play,  er, um, work.......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, a thought, or a giggle!