Find my Patterns on PatternMart

PatternMart.com

Wednesday, July 18, 2018

What 'Cha Working on Wednesday???

We have had some rain this week, so it makes it tough on those of us who paint outside.  I don't have enough space to paint furniture inside, so I have to make Mother Nature my friend.  I finished up my Cosco stool.  And can I just say, it was a real Beach!  There was so much rust and paint on this.  And just a word of advice for anyone who wants to take on a similar project.  Take pictures before you take it apart.......I guess I don't need to tell you......Anyway, here is how it turned out and I LOVE IT!


Now I am working on this old school desk.  I picked it up at a thrift store and had to do some major repair work.  The seat and desk both had cracked from being out in the weather so I had to glue and fill.  It is currently painted, but I am just finishing it up.  I will show you more next time.
I had these old tart pans....I guess that is what you call them. 
  Anyway, I worked this week on ornaments.  I have several shapes but these oblong ones seemed to scream "Snowmen!" at me.  So here is how you do it:  First drill a hole in the center of the top end.  Add your yarn, string, ribbon or whatever you choose.  I used a red Christmas trim.  I used a large needle and threaded it through, putting a large enough knot on the inside to hold it in place.
 Paint the "face" whatever version of white you like.  I used an ivory chalk paint.  You may have to give it a couple of coats.
 Add a nose.  I just load the end of a script brush, let it puddle just a bit, and pull in the direction I want.  I used burnt orange.
 Add the mouth.  I try to mix these up a bit.  When I sell ornaments, I usually sell multiples.  People buy for their grandkids, classmates, children, neighbors.  They seem to like it if they look just a little different.  I did this with a fine line sharpie. 
Add the eyes.  I use black paint and the end of a paintbrush.

 While the eyes are drying, I get ready for the ta-da...or in lay terms, the glitter.  I used the lids off of cottage cheese containers.  I put some white (elmers) glue on one, and some silver glitter on the other.
 Dip the edges in the glue.  Check to make sure all the edges are lightly coated.
 Then dip in the glitter.  Turn face up and let it dry.
 When you are finished, return your unused glitter to its container.
 I did a bunch, but you could do just a couple. 
 You can blush the cheeks, if you choose.  I didn't think they needed it!
So, what have you been up to?  I didn't talk too much about Chalk Couture this time, but I hope you have had a chance to check it out.  Wanna try it?  Send me an email with your address, and I will send you a small sample kit.  Or you can contact me through one of my Etsy shops, facebook, or even Pinterest.  

Christmas in July is still going on, so get over to one of my Etsy shops and check it out.  20% off continues until July 31!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, a thought, or a giggle!