Find my Patterns on PatternMart

PatternMart.com

Monday, May 30, 2011

Christmas in May????

We had a lovely 3 day weekend.  The weather here in Colorado was great (a tad windy) so we got a little gardening done.  We planted our large greenhouse and garden and a few flowers as well.  I spent Sunday cleaning flowerbeds and shoveling, raking, and then nursing sore muscles.  But the most exciting news for me:  I harvested my first asparagus.  That may not be such a big deal to you seasoned gardeners, but gardening at 9000 feet is a bit different. 

So today, I decided to work on some crafts that I will be needing to get finished for my fall shows.  Just think, my first shows are in October so that leaves me only about four months to get prepared.  So this is my primitive Santa made from a pattern from the Olde Country Cupboard.  I bought this pattern over a year ago and just got around to making it.  He was really fun to do. 

I think he is truly adorable!   He is approximately 22 inches from the top of his head to the bottom of his beard.  His sign reads Olde St. Nick  and he is coffee stained for aging.   I will be listing him for sale soon for $29.99 but if you want to reserve one, just drop me an email, and I will put one aside for you. 

I also worked on some of my paintbrush santas.  I will also be listing them soon.  But I will also be listing a free tutorial so you can learn to make them yourself!  They are so cute and so much fun to do.  Great gifts and a great seller at craft shows.

Denver weather forecasts call for up to 90 degree temps next week.  If the heat starts to get to you, just pull up this blog and maybe the Christmas items will cool you off a bit....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, a thought, or a giggle!