Find my Patterns on PatternMart

PatternMart.com

Sunday, July 10, 2011

More Christmas in July

I kind of had an easy week last week, pretty much staying in the office all week.  I got lots of things started and quite a few things finished.  One of my favorite, (and you can see a free how-to on my blog: http://livingonthecheep.blogspot.com/) is a muffin tin turned holiday:
I actually made three of these, two mini muffin tins and one full size.  I bought the tins at a thrift shop for $.75 each.  They were quick, and so much fun!

I wanted to do my own take on a primitive candy cane.  I cut out a pattern, pretty large, freehanded, of a candy cane.  I used muslin, stuffed the cane, and then took some painter's  tape and wound it around each cane, painting the uncovered area with barn red paint. 


You could actually leave it as is, but I wasn't quite satisfied.  So...After the paint was dry, I coated the cane with modge podge and covered it with mica flakes.   I love the way it turned out, complete with a homespun bow and a poem I got off the internet.

And from a free pattern that I got off the net, I made a couple of these mice on matchboxes.  The only thing I really had to buy was the matchboxes which I got at the dollar store, 2 boxes for $1.




Well, that's about it for the week.  I have some really cool new things started.  I hope to be able to share those with you in a few days.   Later.......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, a thought, or a giggle!