Find my Patterns on PatternMart

PatternMart.com

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Sunday afternoon Snowmen

So, remember how I promised that I would show you what to do with the ends that you cut off of those paintsticks?  Well, here it is:
First paint the paintsticks white, front, back and sides.  Next, drill holes in the tops as shown.

Paint the tops black, as shown, just a little past the indent.  Then I used the wrong end of the paintbrush to dot on eyes and a mouth.  These snowmen have a long face so put the mouth toward the bottom.  You can also draw on the eyes and mouth with a marker.

Now, I had these little resin noses that I bought a couple of after-Christmas sales ago.  I cut off the little stick like things and glued to the faces.
I cut 5 inch pieces of black wire to use for the hanger.  I threaded it through the holes, back to front, and made little circles with my needle nose pliers.  Then put a piece of ribbon above the edge of the "hat" so it kind of looks like a brim.  Trim the ribbon, add an embellishment, and tie on a little raffia and you have some really cute snowmen ornies!

If you don't have the noses, you can paint them on or make your own from fimo clay.  I used buttons and odds and ends to embellish the ribbon.


I also finished up some baby shoes.  I have been glittering some and bronzing others.  Here are a couple of pics of the finished product:

These can be finished off as pinkeeps, hold dried or silk floral, or hold battery operated tea lights.  I also finished off a couple of the glittered ones.  So far, I have sold every one that I have shown, so I wanted to get some completed. 
Hope you had a great weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Happen to be trying to find this and learned much more than anticipated in this article. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your website and the items you have made thank you!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what size are the paint sticks they don't look like the normal size

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to make the paint stick snowmen for our secret. Sisters group at church.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable. Thank you for providing a simple tutorial for the paint sticks. Much appreciated! ---Brenda

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment, a thought, or a giggle!