Find my Patterns on PatternMart

PatternMart.com

Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Year!

We all had a great Christmas and hope you did too.  I got really sick a few days ago, but thankfully, I am on the road to recovery.  There is no better therapy when you are recovering that a little creativity.....right?  Well, that's my story and I'm sticking with it!  So I decided to start a few things that I can use in my Etsy store or in my spring shows.  I found this cool pattern for teddy bears from McCall's crafts (M5605).  I must have bought this a long time ago and just never used it.  I had some upholstery remnants so I cut out a couple of bears.  This pattern is so easy!  There are only two pattern pieces!  And they turned out so cute!!!


I added a bow, a stained tag that says 'I love you' and some bear-y cute spectacles.  These would be great for a new baby, for Valentine's Day or just because.  I am selling them for $15 each plus s/h.  I will be adding to my Etsy shop this week.

I also made a couple of Raggedies.  I kind of use patterns from different dolls to do these but if you are looking for some cute patterns, try the Olde Country Cupboard.  They have some great ones as well as some that are free!  I call this one Raggedy Sue.


Sue holds a sunflower themed watering can, with flowers growing right out of it!  She too, will be listed on my Etsy Store this week but just email me if you would like to purchase.  Cost is $19.

My other doll is a raggedy I call Raggedy Cindy.  She has strawberries and teddies on her dress and carries a red and white teddy in her hand.  She too, is for sale for $19. 

I'm going to close with a tip.  If you sew alot, like I do, you need to take care to preserve your patterns.  I use a laminator.  Now you may say that they are too expensive, but with the cost of patterns, you may want to re-think that.  Especially on the over the counter patterns that you buy at a fabric store, since they are made of that flimsy tissue paper.  If you don't laminate, at the very least, trace them onto card stock. 
Then just trace onto your fabric.  So easy.  The only drawback is that the pieces may not fit back into the envelope too well.  I keep my patterns in a notebook and simply put the laminated pieces in sheet protectors to keep them in order. 

Hope 2013 is great for all of you!  Talk with you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, a thought, or a giggle!