Find my Patterns on PatternMart

PatternMart.com

Monday, January 27, 2014

Happy Monday!

Good morning, my friends!  I had a pretty relaxing weekend, but I did do some upcycling yesterday.  A few months back, I paid $10 for an entire box of decorator sampler fabric at a garage sale.  The fabrics are beautiful, but in very tiny swatches.  I cut some of them up for rag garlands, used some for pillows, and then I saw that I had a bunch of green pieces.  (When I see green or red, of course I think Christmas)
I found this little aspen tree that hubby had run over and broke off, so I cut it into pieces, approximately 1".

 Then I laid out a swatch of fabric and folded it in half to get the pattern size.  I even laid the "trunk" out just to make sure it was the right size and scale...(see where I am going with this?)
Trace.....and sew. 

 If you have the fold on the bottom, you will have to cut a small hole to turn it.
Next I turned, stuffed and glued on the trunk.  I also glued some little rusty stars to the top.

 I took my "trees" outside and sprayed them with a sealer and while still wet, I dusted lightly with this cinnamon scented glitter.
Though I will probably display them in a basket, I did add some embroidery floss behind the stars so they can also be hung.  I think they are adorable!  Just another way to use up those scraps!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, a thought, or a giggle!