Find my Patterns on PatternMart

PatternMart.com

Friday, January 31, 2014

More upcycling!

It is a cold snowy day here in Colorado.  I always try to reuse, use up, and recycle but January is a time when I try even harder.  Last year, I harvested some Christmas bulbs from some old light sets that we were replacing.  All colors, some working, some not.
I washed and dried the bulbs and sorted by color.  Then I drilled a hole in the gold end with my drill, all the way through.  I filed the rough edges off with my belt sander.

I used a large eyed needle and threaded organza ribbon through the holes.
 
I coated each bulb with Mod Podge.  I love this stuff and use it for so many things!  While still wet, I covered the bulbs with glitter.

 White glitter on clear bulbs.....
 Pinkish red on red bulbs......
Hang to dry.  These make great ornies, and I sold out of the ones that I made last year.  You can repurpose, and make a little money as well.  Or give as gifts or package tie-ons!
Also to brighten my day, my daughter, Heidi, sent me a "just because" bouquet.  It made a dreary day seem so much brighter.  Love her!


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, a thought, or a giggle!