Find my Patterns on PatternMart

PatternMart.com

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Primitive Candles

You know by now that I adore primitive candles.  I had these fake, cheapo candlesticks that I bought after Christmas.  You know the white and gold ones.  I painted the candles with a mahogany paint and the base in black....I added just a little bit of cinnamon for texture.  Then I placed the candlestick inside a baby chick feeder and screwed on the mason jar and ......voila!

The trick is to take the feeder apart so that you can set the candle inside andglue it to the bottom.  Then feed the cord through one of the holes.  I added a small candle ring and I think it looks great.  I will be listing these in my Etsy shop, or you can simply make your own.  What a great bedside light, kitchen light, etc.  Change up the trim for seasonal decor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, a thought, or a giggle!