Find my Patterns on PatternMart

PatternMart.com

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

What 'cha Workin' on Wednesday???

I am working on several things this week, but I thought I would show you and easy way to use up your scraps.  Since I make alot of snowmen, I have numerous scraps of flannel, batting, felt, etc that are too small to use for regular snowmen.  I cut these into rectangles, sew them into squares and....drum roll please.....you get snowmen ornies!

The hats are black felt scraps....cut a rectangle and roll it up for the hat portion and just cut a circle and glue the rolled up part to the hat circle.  Glue it on to the top of the stuffed rectangle.  I hand stitch the opening of the rectangle after stuffing and put the hat brim over the stitching (that way I don't have to be too neat with my stitches)  Use the end of a paintbrush dipped in black paint for the eyes and mouth.  I had some noses, or you can use chenille stems for the noses.  (I did that too)  Add some greenery, some raffia and a rusty bell on the hat.   I stamped some little key tags and added some black embroidery floss to hang, or leave it off and use as a bowl filler. 

I am also working on some new dolls and some corn.....yes, corn.  I am really experimenting with the corn, so if it turns out, you will see it soon. 

Have a great and creative week, my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, a thought, or a giggle!