Find my Patterns on PatternMart

PatternMart.com

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

What 'cha Workin' on Wednesday?

Wednesday morning, my laundry is caught up, the house is clean (except for the studio, of course) and I have been working on several projects.  I finished up another snowman.  He is made from the Seymore pattern, but I changed up the hat a bit and omitted the pie pan,
I know, the pic could've been better....

I also made this little star:


Isn't this cute?  You will never guess how I did it!  The star is made out of paint sticks!  I cut off the top curvy part and then roughly cut the stick in half,  Then, using wood glue, I glued it together in the shape of a star. I used clothes pins to clamp it together while the glue dried.  After it was dry, I painted it black and once dry, I wrapped twine around the tips.  This covers up the excess glue and rough edges.  Added a bow, some greenery, and a piece of twine for hanging.  So simple!  Hint:  Dollar tree sells twine like this, really light weight, three rolls in a package for only $1!  I use it for hair, and things where heavy jute is just too thick.

I also used up more scraps and made up some more bookmarks.  These are great gifts to add to a book, a teacher's gift or a journal.


These are really simple!  I sold a ton of these last year at several of my shows!

Well I am off to go to my granddaughter's continuation today.  I cannot believe she will be a freshman in high school next year.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, a thought, or a giggle!