Find my Patterns on PatternMart

PatternMart.com

Thursday, June 26, 2014

A week with a Two Year Old

Last weekend we celebrated hubby's bday and it was great to see all of the family.  I decided that the two year old was old enough to stay for a week at Grandma's by herself.  What I didn't take into account was that maybe Grandma was too old for a week with a two year old.  She is a joy, this little Addyson.
We picked wildflowers from the yard which are so beautiful this time of year.  On Wednesday, we went to Tiny Town, a small amusement park that includes tiny houses, a playground and picnic area and a train.  I took my 14 year old granddaughter, Skylar along for help and reinforcement.  We finished the day off with lunch and shopping.  I don't know about them, but I was pooped!

Our matching shirts were a hit except with Skylar, who did not think they were too cool.

I tried painting and crafting this week, but clean up was a real chore with a two year old.  We concentrated on gardening instead.  Something so calming about getting dirty.  And Addyson loved it.  We have potatoes, onions, radishes, cabbages, peas, and squash up in the garden as well as a couple of healthy tomato plants in pots.  The flowers are beautiful this time of year, here in the cool Rocky Mountains:
My old ice box holds a mixed bouquet on the front porch.
 Pansies grow well here in our cool weather.  I love their vibrant color.
 I bought this old washer at an auction for $15.  It doesn't work but holds two flower pots perfectly.
 Irises bloom at a different time of year here at altitude.
I love to repurpose items as containers.  This old tea kettle is too rusty to use inside, but makes a great pot for outdoors!

Little Addyson goes home tomorrow.  I will miss her so much.  BTW, tomorrow is also my 44th wedding anniversary.  So I had better check on Little Bit.  Have a great weekend, my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, a thought, or a giggle!