Find my Patterns on PatternMart

PatternMart.com

Monday, June 16, 2014

Monday, Monday

Last week was a very active week for me.  I gardened, met my friend Dawn for lunch, did shopping, ran errands, and of course crafted!  Dawn met me on Tuesday for lunch and gifted me this great table runner!

I love how it looks on my old drop leaf table.  Thanks Dawn!

I also worked on some more of my spoon ornies,  I wanted to try some designs other than snowmen, so this is what I came up with.


These spoons (Dawn picked them up for me at Costco) are less ornate than some I have been using, but they bend more easily and the bowl is bigger.  I think they turned out really well.  If you are wanting to do these for yourself, here are a few pointers:
      Bend the spoon before painting.  My workbench has a wooden vise and it works perfectly for bending.
     Tape off the areas that you do not want to paint.  I use blue painters tape because it is easy to remove. 
     Paint with a spray on primer.  This helps the paint adhere.  After I finished, I put a top coat of clear and dusted with glitter.  Add a bow.....or not!

I also finished up a couple of centerpiece items that I had laying around.  The snowmen were cannabalized from some ornies that never sold. Add some snow tex and tada!




Well, back to cleaning out the guest room and laundry......where does it all come from?????

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, a thought, or a giggle!