Find my Patterns on PatternMart

PatternMart.com

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Before and After

Don't you just love those before and after shots in home makeover magazines or weight loss articles?  I know I do.  Well, I have a couple of before and after shots to show you, but be aware, I have not remodeled my studio or lost 50 pounds.  But I do have a few re-purposing makeovers:
Remember this guy?
I paid $1 at a garage sale.  Here it is with its 3 Peas in a Pod makeover:
I bought this rusty bird cage at Hobby Lobby for $7,  Before:
 After:
This project was so much fun.  I purchased a bunch of electric candles at garage sales for $.50 each.  I covered the white plastic part with ModPodge, then rolled it in a mixture of coffee grounds and cinnamon.  I had to mess with this for quite a while to ensure total coverage.  When it was dry, I painted the base black and added one of my hand dipped silicone bulbs.  The snowmen were simply styrofoam ornaments that I purchased last year at Walmart for four cents each.  I covered them with some off-white fleece, added noses, button eyes and scarves.  I glued in the floral from my stash on hand.  I contemplated a bow, but thought it was better left alone.  What do you think?

In addition to these projects, I finished three of the Wendy Witch dolls:
 Another ornie wreath
 And this ornament made from miniature cake pans.  I'm sure these have a specific use, but I think they look like big-nosed snowmen:

Also, on a personal note, this week was hubby's birthday
 My granddaughter Skylar and I attended Cirque du Soleil, Kurios.  It was a great show!
And Hubby and I celebrated our wedding anniversary on Saturday.......weren't we cute??
And we purchased a new mattress set so I tore apart the old one so I could recycle the springs:

I know this isn't a great picture, but did you know that a queen sized mattress has over 400 springs?  I have some serious rusting to do!

Well, my friends, I am off to clean up my messes, make dinner and water my garden.  Hope all is well in your world!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, a thought, or a giggle!