Find my Patterns on PatternMart

PatternMart.com

Tuesday, July 5, 2016

A slight break from crafting.....

It seems like I always have really good intentions on getting in the studio and getting things done.....but you know what they say about the best laid plans.  Last Friday, I had some medical tests so my sister took me to Denver but you know how we are....gotta shop.  So we spent the day shopping, having lunch, and visiting.  On Saturday, my Son was here all day so I was distracted and didn't get anything done.  Then hubs took me to dinner to celebrate our anniversary since we didn't get to back on the 27th.  On Sunday, I did some cleaning and went to my sister's for dinner and a game of horseshoes.  Monday, we went out on the UTV with the dogs and just enjoyed the day.  So, here I am on Tuesday, cleaning house and doing laundry and getting ready for the next round of visitors who arrive tomorrow.  But...........I did finish up a couple of things while I was slacking off!

This is a little chair that I purchased at the thrift store.  It was skinned up pretty bad and I didn't like the way it was painted so I brightened it up.  I think it is really cute!
A new spin on an old suitcase.  I painted this one like I always do.  Then I drilled holes and stuck in some mini lights that I got at the dollar store.  If you try this, just be aware that these old Samsonite suitcases have some kind of metal in them and they are difficult to drill into.  I ended up breaking one bit but I really think it was worth it!

Have a great week my peeps!  I probably won't have a chance to get too much done this week, but you never know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, a thought, or a giggle!