Find my Patterns on PatternMart

PatternMart.com

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Tuesday Tutorial

This isn't much of a tutorial, and you could probably figure this out for yourself.....but here we go.....
I found these little mini mason jars at the dollar store.  I found them at Dollar Tree and they come two in a package and are usually where the salt and pepper shakers are displayed.  Not all of the stores handle them, so when I find them, I buy alot.  Of course, I don't have any of the jars that are still in the package.....hence, the not so great tutorial.  So when my granddaughter, Brooklynne was here last week, she helped me make some ornaments out of these little jars.

So here is what you do:  Take off the lids.  I drilled a small hole right in the center....the smallest drill bit that I have....while Brooklynne filled the jars with artificial snow.  Using either ribbon or bakers twine, thread through the hole, knotting on the underside and then again on the top.  Brooklynne stamped the circular tags and I threaded them with twine.  I used the hot glue gun to glue on some Christmas greenery and berries and attached the tags.  I sold out of these last year, so if you do shows or just need really cute gifts.....

I also found these little shabby chic baskets at the thrift store.  There were three of them in a bag for $3.95.  And they still had the tags on them!  I worked on one of them and I think that it turned out really cute!
It has a little chalkboard on it and a hook.  I think these would be great in a bathroom or entryway.

I also have been rusting away on some bed springs.  I sell a few of these in my etsy shop, but I have so many!  I have tried to sell some at my shows, but there are a couple of problems: 1.  They get rust all over everything.  and 2.  They get tangled up.  So, I designed a topper and found some cello bags that were big enough and came up with this:

Hubs did well with his angiogram.  He is now being scheduled for surgery for his deviated septum.
 I only got a couple of days to spend with Brooklynne, my 10 year old granddaughter.  She helped me with crafts and we spend a day doing grown up things:  shopping, eating lunch and going to the movies.  She loved the plush recliners at the theater and posing in the "Troll"

I also have been staining the deck, harvesting from the garden, and trying to keep up with the household chores.  How did I manage all this when I worked full time????

Have a great week, my friends.  Soak up the summer while you can!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, a thought, or a giggle!