Find my Patterns on PatternMart

PatternMart.com

Sunday, May 28, 2017

Happy Memorial Day!

I am having a great Memorial Day Weekend and hope you all are having the same.  It is still cool here in the Rockies but I am finally seeing some seedlings sprout up in the garden.  I still cover some of the young plants at night since temps are still dipping into the 30's at night.  In addition to planting, I have been doing some clean up in the yard.  I had a couple of branches from an aspen tree that some delivery guys broke off last fall.  So.....I drug them into my workshop and cut them up.  My hubs thought I was crazy(er) but after I was done, I took them inside to my studio and made these cute little snowmen ornies out of them.


On the first one, I painted the face, buttons, etc.  On the second one, I left the wood natural, twisted the wire differently, and added the eyes and mouth with a sharpie.  (The nose was painted on)

I think that I will sell a ton of these, especially with a tag stating they are from Colorado Aspens.  I am offering the kits in my Etsy shop as well as the aspen discs.  The kits will come with directions and all materials except paint.

Have a great and safe weekend, my friends, and remember why we are celebrating.  Many have given their lives so we can continue to go to the beach, the campsite, the mall and the garden.  Good bless our veterans and active duty servicemen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, a thought, or a giggle!