Find my Patterns on PatternMart

PatternMart.com

Thursday, August 31, 2017

Snowman kind of Day...




Here in the Colorado Rockies, we have had a very cool and wet summer.  My cool weather crops have exploded.  Its hard to tell how large this cabbage is, but you can see my arm under it.  With these four heads, I made 15 pints of freezer slaw and a half dozen packages of cabbage for soup.


 I've never gotten this many peas before and there are still more in the garden, not quite ready.  I will probably pull my beets and dig potatoes this weekend.  I love this time of year!
So with  camping over the weekend, harvesting my veggies, I have neglected my time in the studio. But today, I made up for it!  I had several snowmen in process, so I managed to finish them up as well as some of the centerpieces.

I have this thing about these little tart pans.  I think that's what they are.....anyway, when I see them, I buy them and turn them into, what else?, SNOWMEN!  First I drilled a small hole in each one and added baker's twine for a hanger.  I used chalk paint, but any type acrylic paint will do.  It takes more than one coat.  After the paint is dry, I used a sharpie to add the eyes and mouth, burnt orange acrylic paint for the nose, and a little blush for cheek color.  When everything is dry, I painted a bit of ModPodge around the edges and added some silver glitter.  I just love these little guys!

I don't know what exactly this is, but its some kind of spindle that I found in a mark down bin at Michael's.  I thought it looked like a snowman totem pole.  I simply added a base, painted, and used some ribbon as scarves.


A blank that I painted after drilling a hole for a hanger.  I love this gingham ribbon from Hobby Lobby.  Can you tell?
 I have to confess, I did not make this little snowman.  I bought it in a grab bag from the thrift store.  I have had the little red pitcher forever, so I just added some greenery, berries and glitter stars.  Wouldn't this look adorable on your desk or kitchen counter?
 This little ginger was in my odds and ends box.  Stuffed him in this little rusty pitcher and added some homespun.
 I made these for the first time last year and they were a hit.  I made 9 pairs today.  Easy peasy.  Just buy sunglasses from the dollar store and paint the lenses.  I add a hanger and some foliage.

 Finally, I found this rusty container at the thrift store and stuffed it full of floral.  I added a big red organza bow.  Wouldn't this look amazing on your front door?

On a side note, I usually don't say a lot about my sponsors, but this time, I just could not pass it up.  Have you ever used Craftsy?  They offer classes on just about any topic that you can think of.....quilting, sewing, fashion, cake decorating, etc.  Well, the reason I am touting this to you today is that on Monday, Labor Day, Craftsy is teaming up with Cricut and is offering an All-You-Can-Watch day.  And its free!  Over 1200 classes for free....on that day only.  If you are interested, you can use your email address to sign up.  Just click here to get started!

Well, I am off to finish up my laundry and quickly mop up the kitchen floor (during Dr. Phil commercials.  lol)  Have a great holiday weekend, my peeps!

1 comment:

  1. Although you have fresh veggies you are in the mood to create snowmen! I love it. I am so ready for fall myself so I have been working on Halloween stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment, a thought, or a giggle!