Find my Patterns on PatternMart

PatternMart.com

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Thrifty Thursday

One thing that I have learned over the years is to use what you have, and own what you love.  I love Santas because they bring smiles to everyone.  You can't think about Santa without feeling happy.  I found these little guys originally used to hang on the sides of your flower pots.  But I love my old sifter so I use what I have and add what I love:

The little guys on the fake pie are actually made to wrap around taper candles.  I really like them on the pie, don't you? 

The other great thing about collectibles is you can recycle them each year, and move them around from one location to another and it seems like you have new items each year!  Maybe add some lights behind them or hang them in unexpected places like from a chandelier or a doorknob.

Another one of my favorite pieces in my house is Grandma Barnes' treadle sewing machine.  Though I never learned to use it, I always use it as a side table and love making little seasonal vignettes.  This year, I added some Santa decor, a faux book called Santa's workshop, and even (unexpected!) a pillow. 


Have a great Thursday, be thrifty when recycling and reusing your cherished possessions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, a thought, or a giggle!