Find my Patterns on PatternMart

PatternMart.com

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Thrifty Thursday

As a crafter, designer, and all around cheap-skate, I look for things that can be other things....you know, dual purpose.  For instance, I have a grain scoop in my bathroom to hold rolled up wash cloths.  I reuse and recycle most everything.  So, open up your eyes, my bloggie friends, and look around you.  A while back, I found a bunch of vintage jars and snatched them up for little to nothing.  So proud of my purchase, but then I thought, what am I going to do with all these cool looking jars???



After thoroughly cleaning and drying the jars, I cut out little snowflakes from some old adhesive labels.  (I used a snowflake punch, but you could use whatever shape you want.)  Then I sprayed the outside of the jars and tops with a glass frost spray.  I added a gingham ribbon and an aged tag, but you can use whatever you want or have on hand to embellish.
 
You can use other containers as well.  This is a regular Ball canning pint jar.  I used the spray and decals the same way, but topped the jar lid with fabric and an artificial candy that I had on hand.
You can use these in your holiday gift giving.  They would be great for mixes, candies, or even a handmade ornament.  Use your imagination.  What about a doggie themed fabric, with dog treats inside?  Or a cookie mix with a cookie cutter tied on top?  The possibilities are endless!  Let me know how you decorate your jars!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, a thought, or a giggle!