Find my Patterns on PatternMart

PatternMart.com

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Its a Good Day

I usually don't  blog on Sundays but it has been such a good day, I thought I would share a few things.  First of all, hubby was home.  He has been working obscene hours, six days a week, so I never get to see him.  I spent a few minutes with my sis and I hadn't seen her for a while.  And the Broncos won!  So see, it was good. 

I've been working on trying to print on fabric unsuccessfully for a while and I finally got it to work yesterday.  This is a free pattern that I pulled off of the Olde Country Cupboard blog. 

 The process really isn't that difficult once you know what you are doing.  Just iron on fabric (something light like cotton or muslin) to freezer paper.  One side of the paper has a coating.  That should be the side against your fabric.  Your iron has to be hot enough to slightly melt the coating so it can adhere to the fabric.  Then cut to size.  I just used a regular 8 1/2 x 11" sheet of paper and laid it on top of the muslin and cut.  It will feed through your printer just like cardstock.   You can put any printable graphic onto fabric.  I originally bought some of the paper/fabric that is already adhered but this seemed to work just as well.  I made these into little gift bags but you could make pillows, doll clothes, etc.  Be sure if you are putting the print onto something you will wash that you test it for colorfastness.  (Such as towels or placemats)

I also did some more little stocking stuffers.  These are from sunflowerfriends.com and are very reasonably priced. 
The pic is not real good but the first pack contains two hot chocolate packets.  The second says, "Don't snicker, At least you got something."  There are two snack size snicker bars in the baggie.  Great for stockings.

I'll finish this post with one of my favorite pillows. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, a thought, or a giggle!