Find my Patterns on PatternMart

PatternMart.com

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Thrifty Thursday

Once again, it's time to put on our thrifty hats and try something new.  So, I was looking for ideas for my spring show and I found an idea on-line to use up all those little snippets of fabrics.  Bookmarks!

These little gems are so easy to make!  I really would give credit to the site where I saw these, but I didn't write it down and can't find it again.  These can be any size, just be sure to cut the tip of your heart at a 90 degree angle, or it will not fit over the edge of the page.  You simply cut a square and fold on the diagonal for the back!  So easy.   And if you are like me, you have loads of fabric scraps that you hate to toss, but cannot find a use for.

Sorry this photo is not correctly oriented but I have been having so many issues with blogger and haven't been able to resolve this.


You simply place the heart over the edge of the page that you want to mark.

This is what the back side looks like.  Since it is made from thin cotton fabric, the book closes completely, but you can see your place marking at first glance.
You could probably use other shapes if you want as long as they have a right angle for placing over the edge.  Maybe a diamond shape, a cotton ball on the tip would make a Santa hat, or you might make the tip a nose and make a dog, reindeer, mouse, etc.  Play around with this a bit and have fun with it!  And save those scraps!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, a thought, or a giggle!