Find my Patterns on PatternMart

PatternMart.com

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Breast Cancer Awareness

I think all of us have been touched by breast cancer.  My mother in law died from breast cancer and one of my sisters-in-law fought this disease and has thankfully triumphed over it.  So, in my own little way, I am trying to increase awareness by introducing my newest raggedy:  Hope.


Hope is about 18 inches and as you can see, is pink, pink, and more pink.  I love this fabric with the angels and pink ribons.  I have her for sale in my Etsy shop.  I have a second doll in the works, with diffent facial features.
I thought that this would be a great gift for someone struggling with a new diagnosis, a family member who is being supportive, or someone who has fought the battle and won.

In December 2009, I lost my daughter Brandi to cancer.  She fought bravely for nearly two years before the melanoma took her.  I miss her every single day.  I hope if you have a loved one that is fighting their own battle, that you will be supportive, loving, and compassionate.  It is a fight that no one should have to face alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, a thought, or a giggle!