Find my Patterns on PatternMart

PatternMart.com

Sunday, August 9, 2015

Day 7, Our last day

It's kinda sad to see our great adventure come to an end.  On the other hand, I am SO ready to get home and to sleep in my own bed.  I am looking forward to a very warm bubble bath, seeing hubs and the pets, and unloading and relishing each of my treasures.

We started out in Kentucky today at the yard sale that was advertised to have over 400 vendors.  At first, we drove by it, since most of the vendors are indoors.  Many of those vendors have permanent booths at an auction house, but many others were resellers, a few crafters, and a whole lot of crapola.  Now, I don't know if the "good stuff" was all gone or if there was never any to begin with, but we were very disappointed.



So much of the merchandise, including clothes was dirty and just thrown around on the ground.  I did find some wooden spools of all sizes and shapes, a couple of coffee pots, and a few block signs.  Sue also found a wooden step stool and some Christmas stuff.  But we had grand plans that went unfulfilled.

Hot and tired, we started our long trip home.  I am suffering tonight with allergies and swelling.
We ended our night in Blue Springs, Missouri.  We have travelled in Colorado, Kansas, Oklahoma, Alabama, Tennessee, Georgia, Mississippi, Illinois, Kentucky, Indiana, Arkansas, and Missouri.  By the time we get home tomorrow night, we will have driven over 3400 miles.  So stay tuned later this week for pics on our purchases.  But for now, time to get these swollen feet up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, a thought, or a giggle!