Find my Patterns on PatternMart

PatternMart.com

Thursday, May 19, 2016

New Centerpieces from Old Treasures

Still working on getting through my thrift store finds.  I love finding little gems and turning them into new treasures.  I found this sleigh for $2.  I transformed it into a sparkly centerpiece with foliage that I had on hand.
 Santa's Express has a snowman perched in the top.
 I love this little Radio Flyer Sled.  It looks really cute with the candle and snowman.
 This little mailbox has become a festive nest for this little burlap bird.
I also found this cool wooden snowman at the thrift store.  It was unpainted and pre-drilled for the lights.  I only paid $2, and the original craft store price of $9.99 was still on it.  I painted it and added the lights and a few embellishments:
I always like to embellish wooden pieces with cloth, buttons, bells, etc.  It gives the piece more dimension.

I purchase ornies for my wreaths at thrift stores, garage sales, and after Christmas sales.  Same with the ribbon.  So I finished up another wreath:
Wanna know how to do this?  You can find my prior tutorial here,  The prior tute was for a lighted wreath.  If making one that is not lighted, just omit that step.  The other difference is that this wreath is wrapped in tinsel instead of ribbon.  Either works!  Have fun with this one!

And finally, I saw this on Pinterest....my foremost and favorite time waster ever (not a bad thing!)
Snowman Glasses.  Use as ornies.  I am still working on packaging for these.  What do you think?
 Still working on that pattern....Guess I'm the kind of gal who likes instant gratification.....So off I go to the studio!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, a thought, or a giggle!