Find my Patterns on PatternMart

PatternMart.com

Wednesday, August 10, 2016

What 'Cha Workin' on Wednesday???

Sometimes I just wonder where the time really does go, don't you?  Seems like the older I get, the faster the clock moves. My weeks seem to be busier than ever and I often wonder how I managed when I was still working full time.  On Friday, I spent a delightful day with my granddaughter, Skylar.  Skylar is a delightful young woman, 16 years old, smart, beautiful, and a joy to be with.  We spent the day shopping.  It was so much fun!  Of course, we went to the thrift store.  I found quite a few bargains.  One of my favorite finds was a bag full of theses sleds for $3!
On Saturday, my sis and I went to the Paris Street Market.  It is held once a month in a shopping center parking lot at an upscale center.  There were many vintage goodies but not at my usual thrift store prices.  

I also have been working on some of my oldies, but goodies.  Ornie wreaths and crescent Santas.  In fact they are still sitting on the bed in the guestroom, waiting to be packed away.

 I have been making these Santas for probably 15 years, and I always sell out.  They still have some hand work to be finished up before I put them away.

My favorite colors are not pink and purple but everytime I find some ornaments in these shades, I snatch them up because I always sell out of these wreaths.  I found these ornaments at the thrift store.  If you don't know how to make this, see my tutorial here.
 I bought a large package of post it notes (this time of year they are on sale) and put together these cute little pad and cover sets.  The graphics are from Sunflower Friends.  She has a bunch of cute stuff for great prices!
And finally, I finished up a few pillows.  I have been making these for a number of years as well.

I always place my pillows out front of my booth so that people read them and smile and want to come in and look around.  I love doing them but they are hand embroidered and take a bit of time.  But they are a great way to use up some of the scraps that I have laying around!

Well, I am off with hubs again today for a pre-op appointment.  He is having an angiogram done on Friday to check for arterial blockage.  He is being scheduled for surgery for a deviated septum later on this month but needs clearance from his cardiologist first.

Have a great week, my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, a thought, or a giggle!