Find my Patterns on PatternMart

PatternMart.com

Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Tutorial Tuesday

Last season, my friend, Carolyn, sent me a snowman ornie pin.
Since I saw this little cutie, I have been on the lookout for wooden blocks to transform.  Well, I was in the thrift store (like I am nearly every week) and ran across this:
First I sorted out the small pieces from the large and set the large ones aside.  Then I put small screw eyes in all.  The wood was very hard so I had to pre-drill.
 Then I painted.  I did this in phases so that it could dry before resting on the table.
 Then black dots for eyes and burnt orange for noses.  I blushed their little cheeks. You can add mouths as well.
 Add some bakers twine for hanging and you are done.

 I love the variety!



Easy peasy lemon squeezy......

I also finished up some angels.  These are some blanks that I bought last year after Christmas of course, on sale:

These were such a simple paint job.  In addition to painting, I blushed the cheeks, glittered the wings, and added a lace collar, some hair and a halo.  I love the way they turned out.  I didn't photograph the back, but I just wanted to add that it is totally finished on the back as well.  As an artisan, I believe it is always important to finish the back, the bottom, etc.  I do not want my pieces to look like they are imports....do you?

My sis and I went Saturday to an annual church sale in Evergreen.  This is our third year going, and we always find some good deals without spending a load of money.  One of my favorite was a bag of 7 burlap pumpkins for $2.  Obviously someone was trying their hand at making these little gems.  I loved the fabric.
 All I did to make these beautiful was to remove the ties, take out some stuffing, glue on leaves and add fall toned bells and ribbon.  Don't they look great!?!
Well, my peeps, I am off to Cheyenne tomorrow morning.  My beautiful granddaughter, Brooklynne, has been selected to join the Cheyenne Junior Symphony.  She and her cello will be playing at Cheyenne Frontier Days.  So my daughter Heidi, Brooklynne, and little Addyson will attend Frontier Days tomorrow and watch Brooklynne's performance on Thursday.  My son in law just left Friday for a six month deployment so they are all a bit sad, but also very proud.

Have a great week ahead!

1 comment:

  1. Linda, I was just thinking of you and thought I ought to check your blog. Your snowmen blocks are adorable!
    I have been working on angels , but mine are the fabric kind. I'll send you a pin.
    ~Carolyn

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment, a thought, or a giggle!