Find my Patterns on PatternMart

PatternMart.com

Sunday, October 14, 2018

Show Season...Yay!

First two shows of the season are in my rear view mirror.  The first show was a tough one, in Colorado Springs.  It was a first year show and I think the promoters have a few bugs to work out.  Colorado Springs is a two hour drive from here which would normally be dreadful, but my sister and travelling companion, Susan, was also doing the show so we were able to carpool.  We did not travel the interstate but rather a scenic windy road with beautiful sights of fall colors and wild turkeys.  Yes, I said wild turkeys!  We saw flocks every day.  Nature at its finest.
I took my photo with my phone.  I think it looks like the trees are full of glitter.....and you know how much I love glitter!

This weekend I was at the Simply Vintage Fall Market.  This takes place at the Colorado State Fairgrounds in Pueblo.  I love this market except for the fact that it takes me nearly 3 hours to get there.  I went down on Saturday with my mini van packed to the gills and went back on Friday morning to finish set up and take a few extra pieces.  I had a huge booth, compliments of Nicole Jones the promoter.  And I sold ALL of my furniture.  (Except for the two white chairs that I scratched up on the way there and had to bring back home.)  There is nothing more satisfying than having someone love your work.  I met so many amazing vendors and customers.  But the one drawback was that my helper and sidekick, Skylar was not there.  She is up in Montana studying to be a great artist at MSU. 
 I sold a couple of my insulator lamps, this one was my fave.

And though I love this desk, I was glad to see it go to a great home.  Note the chalkboard on the desk part....And I chalk couture'd it up on the back.....

My white table was snatched up and I even had a bidding war on the little red table.  



My booth was HUGE!



Maybe next time I will have to do like this vendor and drive a tractor trailer....lol....not!
  
There were beautiful things, vintage treasures, and handmade items.  But there were some weird things too.....like this rocking animal....horse?  dragon?  donkey?.....for sale for $275!
So I am home and today I am hibernating, watching football and working on a special order for a doll.  Next week I am off to the  Sugar Plum Festival in Colorado Springs at the event center.  Come see me!  You can go to their website for discount tickets!  http://sugarplumgiftmart.com/  
And watch my facebook page for more info!

1 comment:

  1. Linda, love your vintage finds and handmade . I’ve got a 2 day Show this weekend and another next week. Good luck ! Hope they are successful!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment, a thought, or a giggle!