Find my Patterns on PatternMart

PatternMart.com

Monday, August 26, 2019

2 x 4 Crafts

I know that you have heard my self-proclamation as a craft hoarder.  I admit.  When I see something, I know I can make something out of it, or make it into something, or use it for something.  So over the years, every time we had a home project, I saved all the little pieces of wood.  Someday I would make something.  Well in this new house, for the first time, I have an area to put my saws and sanders and drills, etc.  (I've been collecting those too!)  So again, realizing that I had all of these 2 x 4 bits and pieces.  I took one piece and sawed it into assorted lengths and cut some triangles out and voila!  Not so scary black cats!
OMG!  This was the easiest project ever.  And they turned out so cute.....but what about those chunky triangles from where I cut out the ears?  Hmmmm, triangles.....Halloween.....Candy corn!

And while talking about scraps.....I also have a boat load of fabric.  I found this little piece of off white fleece and made snowmen.  I have made these before and they are always good sellers.  There is quite a bit of hand work that goes into them, so I do several.  Sew.  Then stuff.  Then add the embellishments.  Kinda seems to go faster in an assembly line, huh?



Well it is back to work for me.  Getting ready to work on some wine bottle covers.  A quick trip to Colorado this week to pick up some of my inventory for my September shows.  Go ahead, my peeps!  Get your fall on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, a thought, or a giggle!