Find my Patterns on PatternMart

PatternMart.com

Sunday, December 29, 2019

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

It has been a big year for the Matthews family and 3 Peas in a Pod.  Hubs retired, we bought a new home, moved 800 miles, did 8 shows, and hosted family from out of town several times.  So when I ask myself, why am I so tired?..... I can tell you that this has been a busy, emotional, happy, sad, and special year. Sometimes it is traumatic moving to a new place.  Add to that a serious health issue (hubs), learning to live with each other 24/7 for the first time in 49 years, and being in a totally foreign climate (not much heat and humidity in the Rocky Mountains).  But things are starting to settle down a bit. 

One resolution that I plan to keep this year is not to be sporadic in my blogging. I had great intentions, but after making 8 round trips back and forth to Colorado, my blog has fallen in disrepair.  I also resolve to be better about introducing new patterns and keeping better products posted in my Etsy shops.

This house is a tiny one, but I am lucky that the prior owners have enclosed a porch that runs the entire length of the house.  Since one side is all windows, I just knew with that kind of light, I had to lay claim for my studio.  But here is the thing.  It had dull, dark, dingy panelling.  So I started by painting all of the indentations with a primer.  Then I went back and primed the rest.  Then finally I painted the entire room in a bright crisp white. 
 My sewing station sits in front of one window.  My thread and fabric is close at hand.
 When I paint or assemble I have a large table that holds all my "stuff" and when not in use, it is the perfect place for Smokey to snooze.
 This table I use for cutting fabric, ribbon, etc.  I have a happy collection of solar bobbleheads in the window.
 I removed this screen door from the doorway going out to the porch.  I use it to hang all my floral so I can easily see what I have on hand.
 There is room for my roll top desk....finally.  The magnetic board has followed me to three homes.  It holds those things special to me, inspirational pieces, and other needfuls.

The only cost of re-doing the room was that of paint and new blinds.  This is my happy place.  If you are a neat freak, this is not for you.  If you are a minimalist, keep out.  But if you are a creative sort, a sentimental fool, or a craft junkie, you, too, would love it here.  

So, onward, my bloggie peeps.  Hope to be sharing more projects with you soon!  HAPPY NEW YEAR!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, a thought, or a giggle!