Find my Patterns on PatternMart

PatternMart.com

Saturday, April 18, 2020

Quarantined

Like everyone else, hubs and I are quarantined with our Stay at Home order.  It has not been as difficult for us as it has for others.  Since we neither one have full time jobs, we haven't seen that much difference.  We have stayed at home, pretty much as usual.  I feel so bad for the ones impacted by the illness and the loss of income that has gone along with it.

Living in the midwest has given me Spring for the first time in over 40 years.  We lived in Phoenix for nearly 20 years and the Colorado mountains for over 25 years and really don't have four seasons at either location.  So since I am taking a short break from shows and crafting, (spring shows are all cancelled) I thought I wouldn't put off blogging anymore and show you some of the fun we have been having.

We purchased 6 chicks to go with the three that we moved from Colorado.  Hubs made the new chick palace.  It was too big for us to pick up so he moved it to its new home with a trailer.
 We moved here too late to see all of the trees and flowers in bloom last year.  We are hoping we get some cherries off this cherry tree before all of the birds this year.
 We planted a huge garden.  So far we have planted cucumbers, potatoes, carrots, lettuce, beets, peas, corn, squash, onions, asparagus, strawberries, and raspberry.  My sister in law sent me 30 blackberry plants so we got them in the ground as well.  Hoping to get some tomato and pepper seedlings next week.  This is the gate going into the garden.  We have to keep it fenced to keep out the deer.  The gate actually cost $0!  The metal was found here on the property.  My husband cleaned all the rust off of it and painted it after welding it together.  The wooden trim is from an old cable reel.  We added chicken wire to it on the back side.  All of the posts on the fence other than the gate posts, hubs cut from the property.
 Daffodils

We also have tulips blooming, red bud trees and so much more!  I just love Spring, don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, a thought, or a giggle!